View Single Post
Old January 14, 2019, 11:53 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Bhai, apnare boli ekta, bujhen ekta. Yes you are biased. Read ToBeFair nice succinct reply.

I may not agree with your choice of a candidate (lets say mash) but I will defend your right to vote for him always. If that makes any sense to you. that's democracy. Not what u wrote - not wanting democracy in ur country if it results in the wrong candidate.

what you are describing is who you would rather vote for.

it's sad reading ur posts because i mistakenly thought u are actually a smart guy listening to ur sports podcast. But I guess allegiance to anything can yield lopsided world view.

Please don't compare USA to your pathetic Bangladesh when it comes to democracy and human rights. If you think BD has similar checks and balance as USA - u understand the political system of neither country.
This whole time I have only stated what I think and what I prefer. I am not trying to teach you what democracy is. If you think democracy at its core is missing in Bangladesh just because there is no credible opposition to overrule the current authority then be it. You think the the current party has tempered with the elections and I think the current party took advantage of the lack of a proper opposition. They are two different things!

Just because the opposition couldnt get their act together or the resource together to unite and campaign does not mean the ruling party took away the democratic right for these people. Do yourself a favor and ask people in BD about how active BNP candidates were. They didnt campaign, they didnt go to their people to ask for votes and when it came time for election, their voters didnt even bother turning up thinking its a lost cause just like the party they are supporting.