View Single Post
Old July 29, 2012, 10:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Hats off to the Chinese swimmers. Now that they've won gold in men's swimming also, it's a treat to see another country, especially an Asian country emerge to challenge the USA and Australia in the pool.

Phelps? Two words: Mary Jane. Not performance enhancing in the pool that's for sure.

Korean archers continue their dynastic dominance in the women's team event with their 7th consecutive gold. I love archery. Just don't wear anything yellow when I'm shooting.

Not at all surprised to see Indian athletes failing to live up to their own media generated hype yet again. Amazing how so many always buy into the delusions they spin so freaking often. We suck worse but at least we know it. Nobody here expected any of our athletes, including the Michigander, to qualify in any of their events and that expectation was met.

"Great" Britain so far?

Spain put up a better fight before losing to a spirited CONCACAF side. They're lucky that Japan didn't didn't beat them 6-0 or more. Look at the highlights if you don't believe me. They're an ordinary side without their Barcelona and Real Madrid superstars, and the midfield in particular looks suspect without Xavi and Iniesta. The defense is error-prone and simply awful with its monumental lapses at regular intervals. Rooting for Japan to win it, their finishing needs to get a frack of a lot better FAST for that to happen, but Brazil would be tough to beat.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM..