View Single Post
Old August 6, 2012, 04:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Dude,

MLC is an American League and whenever salary caps are imposed in this country without negotiating with the players, the players go on strike. That's the fact of doing business in the US. It is unreasonable to think that won't happen with the MLC. It is unreasonable to think that Chris Gayle would bypass what he's worth scaled and compared to say, Mohammad Nazimuddin.

I want this league to succeed as much as you do. That's why I'm here trying to provide the type of perspective that can make MLC the most credible league in the world. Putting things in realistic context such as PA involvement in deciding the salary cap adds such credibility.

Don't forget that as GM, I represent my owner and am on your side. Which explains the time I've been spending here. Traditionally owners appoint the Commissioner or CEO.

With the restriction of 16 players, I can only offer my own player with some cash many clubs need. With more than 16 players, everyone has more options. The roster must be 16 when the matches start, but before that, we need to draft more. I see no harm in that as long as we cut players to have that 16 man roster when the time comes. We're willing to pay money for that and less wealthy teams could use a lot of our money too.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)