View Single Post
Old March 28, 2017, 09:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
@Fazal
I agree with you about the Mahmudullah exclusion this time around, but I do not feel Papon should be publicly and repeatedly announcing how incompetent our selection panel is; And if they are all that incompetent, the necessary changes should be made as Razab has said..
Sure. I understand what some of you are saying, the process is more important than the person. If the process is broken/compromised, at some point we have to pay big price for it. And I think the process was compromised when they revamped the selection process. The damages was done then.... not now. And very few complained at that time.

And yes... eventually (sooner than later) Papon have to address the incompetence of the selection team. You cannot play the savior role so often.... it just give us the impression that the selection team is incompetent. That's where Papon as executive is failing to address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozy
On a different note, I absolutely do not agree with you about Nasir. He was not deciplined, but just I'll treated. You mentioned Mosaddek. I will mention your current ALLROUNDERS who are still in contention: Hom, Abul, Nurul, even Mahmudullah. Nasir was arguably better than all of them.
I guess I have to agree to disagree. As a Nasir fan, you may feel that way. But I (not a fan nor am I his hater) see it differently. yes he could have been selected and I would have nothing to complain, but I can also understand if he is not yet selected. I think he is doing good but not great to make a real good case. And his past reputation is not helping him.

In professional sports world, life is not always fair.... too many qualified players ... but too limited space. Nasir is not the only one, there are other players who can also complain (Anamul, S Nafees, T Imran, Al Amin, Mominul, etc) not getting opportunity.

Bottom line Nasir need to work hard and hope when he get another opportunity he should take it as if its his last chance and take advantage of it, the same way Mossadek is trying to do it. Nobody gave Mossadek a free ride, but when he got a chance, he is making a good case of him so that it will be hard to drop him. That's what we need from Nasir....he need to work harder than ever before to revive his career in the national team. And he need to change his image as a hard worker by really working hard during training. Usually coaches reward hard workers ( example Riyad) and give them more leverage. A lazy/"difficult to train" player get dumped too quickly.