View Single Post
Old July 29, 2007, 03:39 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahir
Cant agree with many of the ratings given here by Miraz bhai. Nafees was the best batsman in the first ODI and he undoubtedly played a bad shot to get out when he was fully set. But he gets a lower rating than Mushfiq, who didnt do any better than Nafees in the first match, with two more ducks to show for. He has shown glimses of improvement with his keeping, but more is expected of him.

In fact, I couldnt make a lot of sense out of most ratings. Although overall team ratings seem justified, the standard of dishing out these ratings hasnt been maintained.
While I admit your concern about Mushfiq's rating, the rest of your comment is too generalized to comment.

Some members are in complete agreement with the ratings, you are probably at the other extreme and that only shows the thought diversity of BC members.

Scoring a 33 and then getting out playing stupid shot when team needed most doesn't make anyone "the best batsman of that particular ODI" and don't forget his clueless batting in the 2nd ODI.

About Mushfiq, I have watched all 3 ODI matches live, except two missed opportunities the rest were not chances in its true meaning. He always maintained a lively presence behind the stump with loud directions. IMO, his keeping role was OK. About his batting, after a reasonable show in the 1st ODI, change of batting order didn't help him but definitely he should have done way better with the bat.

Lastly, a rating of 6 is never above average, it can be hardly an average rating.