View Single Post
Old December 6, 2012, 08:17 PM

Default Appoint Shane Jurgensen as Head Coach

Shane Jurgensen

Shane seems know how to motivate our players very well. According to Mashrafee, Shane cares the players very much, thus, very popular amongst the players as well.

We have seen a few coaches who left the Tigers simply for money and other reasons, didn't care about their unfinished task or gave a damn about the Tigers (of course there is exception, i.e., Jamie). Thus, no point appointing a high profile coach as he might have other preferences over Tigers and does a "Pybus" job!

Now that we all know Shane has a keen interests and passions for our cricket, let's propose BCB to make Shane as our head coach.

By appointing Shen as head coach, Bangladesh could be a winner in different ways:

> As Tigers are known mentally vulnerable, here comes Shane's motivating factor
> He has passion for BD cricket, thus, would/might sacrifice personal interests
> BCB can save a lot of dollars compare to a high profile (useless) coach
> Tigers will get a long time year round coach who will be there to help

The money BCB will save by appointing Shane, appoint Saqlain as a permanent spin bowling coach, along with a batting coach who is technically solid, possess modern cricket knowledge yet has passions for Bangladesh cricket.

And, of course, establish a pace bowling academy and appoint Ian Pont as coach there.