View Single Post
Old October 6, 2013, 08:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
that's one reasons why we should probably give anamul an extended run in tests. he doesn't get to face quality pace bowling in domestic cricket. mushy was not very good against quality pace bowling earl on in his career, actually it took him awhile to really get the hang of it and be able to handle it consistently. i know anamul doesn't have the technique of mushy but he has other attributes that mushy and the others have never had and the more he plays at international level the better and the more he'll improve imo.
Simon Doull during a WI/NZ Test match stated that a WI/NZ player should get a run of 10-12 Test matches before getting thrown out completely from the side because the adjustment from their FC domestics to Tests is a big adjustment.

Now think about us. I doubt our FC domestics is any better than. NZ or WI. I'd say it's worse. Especially compared to NZ. So I agree, we gotta give players time before we chuck them out. So the likes of Marshall, Anamul, and Mominul should be in or around the side and be given a run.