View Single Post
Old April 26, 2003, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Ehsan, chill out!

No one has forgotten how to bat. We HAVE to stop bringing people down everytime they fail. Kapali got a googly that he couldn't read and he got out. It happens. Hopefully he will do better next time.

Well played Sumon and Golla. Golla played a 183 balls, 30.3 overs. That is awesome. Ashraful is doing fine as well. I think though that the choice of nightwatchman was very poor. They shouldn't have sent a guy on debut, and especially someone we would have expected to score some runs. I would have sent out Tapash, someone who has a Test 50, been around for a little longer, and a wicket we can sacrifice.

But what is done is done. Now we have to look forward to the 4th day. Can we score 112? I think we can, but Ashraful will have to bat on for a while and Akram, Sujon and Moni will have to give him some support. However, knowing our team, we will probably fall about 20 runs short.

Arnab, you are definitely right. Ashraful is a natural strokemaker and he has to curb his natural instincts everytime he plays Test cricket. However, there is a reason for that. He tends to get carried away. Once he starts playing his shots and one or two come off, he plays one too many. And especially early on in his innings, it happens a lot. So I think its good that he is being a little reserved early on in his innings.

Rafiq bhai, I think you are being a little harsh. Our bowlers lack penetration, and that is a fact. But even Ntini is struggling on this wicket. This wicket is awful. So I don't really want to blame our bowlers and say that this is the worst bowling performance ever. Captaincy was pretty poor, I agree.

Anyway, at the start of the day, I said I wanted BD to take a couple of wickets before they declared and to last out the day. Well, I got half my wish so I am pretty happy.