View Single Post
Old May 30, 2012, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Thanks.

Bellagio looks interesting. Would the food compare to a top-class dining experience or just good? The fact that they advertize their chef must mean something. I've heard of Bonnety (Chef de cuisine) before (He was/is at the Raffles Hotel and other places). Is he really based in Dhaka or does he a have a part time gig here? It seems to have the right provenance - perhaps once place I should not go until I can take my better 1/2 there.

About Izumi - how would it compare with other Japanese places outside of Dhaka?
I have not personally dined at either of the two but I know of them because I know the owners of both. Based on the what I know of the owners they would not advertise falsely and you should get what they are advertising. I will try them both out when I go to dhaka in August. I have heard from third party's ie friends of mine who have dined there that the food at both those places are excellent. Maybe you can try them out in JUne and post your experience here.