View Single Post
Old March 22, 2014, 02:26 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I light of the dew factor, I reckon it would be better fielding 3 seamers. Jia will be missed. If and when need be, a spinner and NOT Banglar Flintoff can replace Koushik. So, based on the players in the XV: -

1. Mrs. Benson (Bat & Huff-Puff): Unfit (dom, not bhuri) and suffering from self doubt, he's just one good knock away from giving us a string of high 30s. Then he'll run out of battery and throw his wicket away.

2. Kopa (Bat): I'm not sure how he'll cope with real pace on the tournament's sporting wickets, but worth a try.

3. Bijoy (Bat & WK): His preferred position.

4. Shourobh (Bat & PT Bowl): Won't do worse than Nasir.

5. Shakib (Bat & Bowl): Abar jigay.

6. HaBa 2.0 (Bat & Brain Freeze): Abar jigay.

7. Rumman (Bat & PT Bowl): Contrary to what we've seen so far, he *can* hit from the word go. But it is always better to get your eye in with some singles. A player like him quickly learns from experience and I'm sure he'd take less and less time to settle-in, especially in this format.

8. BhaBha (Bowl & ?): Won't be dropped. His bowling may come in handy.

9. Koushik (Bowl & Slog): Still our best new ball bowler. Can slog. Just don't bowl him at death.

10. Al-Amin (Bowl): Looks aren't everything.

11. Taskin (Bowl): Has aggression, pace and swings the ball in early. Persist with him.

12: Gazi (Bowl & Slog): He can replace Koushik if and when necessary.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 22, 2014 at 03:25 AM..