View Single Post
Old November 16, 2007, 10:09 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu2abu
Miraz bhai, with respect you can have all the phone numbers in the world, but it doesn't matter what any of the coaches, what matters is performances. And on the few occassion that Nazimuddin has been selected for bangladesh (even if they were merely T20 matches) he has singularly failed to deliver. I saw him bat in the World T20 and he looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

The pundits can get it wrong too, I remember the great Richie Benaud enthusing about the West Indies' Ricardo Powell, whatever happened to him? ...

Please don't weigh too much on Twenty20 performance. He carried Bangladesh single handedly on his shoulder in the T20 internationals in Kenya but could not handle the pressure of a bigger event.

Give him some time, he is a far better player than many "talented" labeled player.

The discussion here is about his technique, the people who are playing with him or training him can better judge the technique than anyone else until we see the video footage with close range analysis. Talk with them and you will have your idea.