View Single Post
Old April 17, 2011, 10:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I was at the SBNS and watched Imrul's batting with his BC namesake. After a typically skittish start and a couple of uncomfortable and streaky runs, he settled down and surprised us both with his beautiful batting. He rotated the strike and selected high percentage shots relatively well until reaching about 65-odd.

It was sad to see him fall short of a well-deserved 100. I hope he sustains this kind of batting and gets all the 100s he deserves.

Nafees was the one who couldn't rotate the strike or run well between the wickets, and got bogged down in the middle overs when there was no need to play the "anchor role". Nobody was hitting at the other end and he too needed to get those easy 1s and 2s being offered. His lazy running denied us about 10-12 runs.

I found Alok's much awaited return disappointing. His sissy, halfhearted shot-making was annoying. His lack of firm commitment and confidence won't take him far at all.

That being said, one magic moment in his innings was the short delivery he upper cut for four with lovely back-foot balance, right after he was rattled by a similar delivery. Showed his intelligence as a batsman and both Shagor and I were impressed.

I hope he stays fit and gets a good run in August, but until and unless he plays with the decisive authority he's capable of, I don't see him consolidating a place in international cricket and fulfilling his considerable potential there. I hope it was simply a case of the jitters too.

Agree with all the other points 100%. Wonderful analysis as usual Razab. You remain my cricket guru in BC bro
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)