View Single Post
Old April 17, 2011, 08:23 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I've liked our chances pretty much every year since '95 but this year I'm not so sure. Datsyuk came back with a bang, much to our joy and relief, but we're still missing Zetterberg. Not a good when we're playing an excellent, more mature Coyotes team led by Doan and his guys in the first round. Almost blew a seemingly insurmountable lead in game 2 to those guys who play a similar puck possession, cycling and back-checking game as we do. I hope we continue to use our depth and move on to the second round with Zetterberg back in action. He plays with a lot of heart and won't take too long to find his natural rhythm and timing once he's in.

I wouldn't count Kane and the Hawks out yet. Champions have a way of digging deep and coming out on top. The Sharks and Kings are also solid but without the skill and imagination it takes to go all the way, IMHO.

The Pens face a spirited team in Tampa but will go probably go through in the end. If Vinny and his Bolts can manage to beat the Pens, I won't count on it, they may go far. The winner of the Boston-Habs series may also go far. Philly is a tough team of overachievers like LA and SJ in the West and like them, lack the quality to win it all, IMHO. Then there's the Caps. All in all the East looks a bit more competitive than the West.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)