View Single Post
Old October 16, 2013, 12:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorFan
The ball were hardly coming on to bat, hardly bouncing above knee, it was a pitch good enough to bat on, but NOT to hit on all over the ground. Obviously they were batting on a 5th day evening TEST match, without field restriction, as well as bowling restriction, meaning they are not superhuman like many of us here. Be more practical on life guys, otherwise 'aam o jabe sala o jabe'.
Completely agree, nice post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
If we aim for the top of the Empire State Building, maybe we'll at least get to the top of the jar. But I wasn't even implying that we would have won with a more positive frame of mind, I was just hoping the top order would have displayed a bit more positivity instead of going into a shell. A lot of things could have happened as a result - we could have lost three wickets, or Brendan could have spread the field out. But we could have crossed that bridge when we got there instead of making assumptions from the beginning. Ten overs of stroke play wouldn't and shouldn't have cost us the game, as we have the batting depth to pull off a draw on a dormant surface.
Asif bhai, I agree with the mentality "shoot for the moon, even if you miss it, you will land among the stars", but we landed among the stars without shooting for the moon, by getting a comprehensive draw.

The team is trying to groom successful Test cricket batsmen and I think it would be unfair to ask our young top order batsmen to go for broke, to maintain a R.R. of 5.68 in day 5 of a Test match. They played their natural game, and tried to build confidence for the next match, I am completely ok with this.