View Single Post
Old June 11, 2009, 08:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtylish cricketer
The batting in this line up looks very thin. I would call up the big Z, Nafees, Dhiman (for keeping only, bat him at #10 because his batting is worst than Razzak) and maybe even Nazimuddin. If this is your line up, why bat Kapali at #6? We've seen what others had done batting at the prime positions let him have a crack at 3 or 4. He actually plays cricketing shots and shows a bit more common sense than Sakib and Ashrafool. Yes, his average is in the teens but based on ability alone, you have to consider him at the top and at the very least ahead of Rokibul who is lucky to be playing internation cricket right now. Roki's batting is not good enough to warrant a place as a batsman in an international side. Also, keep in mind that Kapali is a better player now than he was few years ago so, if BCB play him, they have to put him up the batting order to allow him the opportunity to face a lot of balls; if not don't bother playing him at all. I am not convinced about his bowling yet. He has a wrong one and a flipper but bowls too many short balls to be a successful spinner. I think Nafees Iqbal's got better technique than Rokibul but he isn't scoring runs so won't be named in the squad.
i suppose ash can bat at 5, but the reason alok is at 6, is because he's the best batsman we have at finding gaps in the middle overs. sakib and ashraful coming 2nd and 3rd after him, hence they are all batting at 4,5,6. raqibi is in at 3 because, he is a consolidator type, and we need an anchor type guy in there. tamim and aftab if they last 5 overs can give us a flying start of 40-0 or 50-0 even. from there a slow raqib wouldn't hurt as badly, especially with ash, sakib, and alok who can take singles easily and hit the odd boundary.

i have more confidence in alok's leggies than ash's, but alok shouldn't be bowling more than a couple overs, unless he's having one of those days.

#OneTeam1Dream