View Single Post
Old April 20, 2012, 12:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
I hope he gets the double too and a big one at that if not the triple.

But is he ready for ODIs though? I think he has done well in a DPL match recently (or was it Asif?), but overall his DPL and List A records are poor. He did OK in the BPL, but IMO if we're introducing someone new to the team at this stage, we should ideally make sure he can start delivering right away (like Nasir) instead of taking a gazillion years to learn his trade (like Tamim).

Then again, Ian Pont says he's ready, and he's the expert.

As for Shakib and Tamim, they don't really get to play too many FC games thanks to national duty anyways. Both have been playing for the national team since they were 18 and most of their development has been with the national team through playing international cricket.
Unless he goes to blitz mode, Bijoy won't have time to get to 300. Remember Metro bats hella deep as well with Ash and Asif. I think Metro has been the best batting side this season as a unit.

I agree, Anamul's limited overs games leave a bit to be desired. But often domestic performances don't reveal a player's true worth. Look at Nasir's first class average, nothing to write home about, but he's a the real deal...at least as a lower order guy.

I want Anamul in the Test side immediately, if not sooner. This current knock of his ensures his career average tops 40 again, even if he doesn't score another run. But I'd like him to score 220+. Already he's crossed the first hurdle by putting on a massive score beyond 100 (previous best 133). He should turn out to be Ashraful with brains.

I hope Asif also shines on this pitch...I want at least a big fifty from him, if not a hundred. We could really use his attacking play at #3 in all three formats. I suspect this guy hits big as well as quickly. I think he could be Aftab with brains.

I haven't seen much of Mominul, but after others pointed out his away tours success, I started to pay attention to him. From the clips I've seen he seems to be the mirror image of Mushy without gloves. Left handed, vertically challenged batsman, with the most compact of techniques.

I envision seeing our top 4 in Tests consist of Tamim, Anam, Asif, and Mominul in that order. Rahim, Shakib, Nasir coming in next. Last 4 spots going to bowlers, and no real clue who any of them should be.

#OneTeam1Dream