View Single Post
Old March 16, 2008, 07:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
I am not BNP supporter, but I like the activites of Major Zia except for the following:

He brought back Golam Azam from Pakistan. I just don't understand that. He himself was a Bir-Uttom, and a brave freedom fighter. Then how come he brought back Golam Azm to BD who even after returning to BD claimed that he was a Pakistani?
Remember the over all political situation during Zia's coup to capitalize the state mechanism? He badly needed some political support to justify and get hold of the power. On one hand the leftist groups were active under the leadership of Jatiyo Shomajtantrik Dol (Jasad), there were fractions of Siraj Shikdar, extreme leftist groups like Purbo Bangla Communist Party and more.

On the other hand, the rout level Awami League forces were active at the same level. Moreover, he had to brutally kill many fraction army groups including the great colonel Taher to stabilize and ensure his power in the state mechanism. This way he became totally friendless and desperately looking for a political back up to justify his regime. No wonder that the war criminals and the Islamic forces wanted to rehabilitate themself at this chaotic political unstability. Zia wasted no time to embrace them as his friends to strengthen his power since he was completely friendless at that time. The end result was the emergence of anti-independence Islamic forces, rehabilitation of war criminal Golam Azam and his party Jamyat-I-Islam.

Miraz, a great work is done by you. We all are thankful for this great piece.
\"In this game, there is no pretending, no mercy, no second chance....in the middle of this huge arena he is on trial, one against eleven, with no one to protect him.....cricket is not a game, it is the truth of life\"
-- J.M.Coetzee, In Boyhood: Scenes from a Provincial Life

Last edited by Navarene; March 16, 2008 at 07:08 AM..