View Single Post
Old November 22, 2011, 09:19 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Herman Cain upon hearing his GP had the name Abdullah:
Quote:
I said to his physician assistant, I said, 'That sounds foreign--not that I had anything against foreign doctors--but it sounded too foreign," Cain tells the audience. "She said, 'He's from Lebanon.' Oh, Lebanon! My mind immediately started thinking, wait a minute, maybe his religious persuasion is different than mine! She could see the look on my face and she said, 'Don't worry, Mr. Cain, he's a Christian from Lebanon.'"

"Hallelujah!" Cain says. "Thank God!"
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...g-names/45254/
Not the only one going after Muslims, but sad to see this no mark(and yes he is a no mark - ZERO chance of winning the nomination, despite what the Tea Party simpletons think) doing it too.

Too foreign
Thank God he was Christian

I'm not shocked by much anymore when it comes to US politics(which frankly atm is no better than Bangladeshi politics - Republicans refusing to sign things, even if it harms the country to ensure Obama fails) not too different from what the BNP and AL do in Bangladesh...but the continued vilifying of Muslims in such a casual manner is really depressing.

What do you think the reaction would have been, if he said the same about a Jewish doctor?