View Single Post
Old December 6, 2012, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

I support this motion wholeheartedly. I've been saying throughout that Shane is the right man for the job. His typically hands-off approach, albeit faulty on the surface, has been working. He needs time, along with Saqlain as spin bowling coach, to help the players gel together and fight the enemy as a unit. This year, we've seen the Asia Cup and we've seen the WI ODIs. In both cases, he has been one of the common factors in the coaching staff, which does prove his worth as the man doing most of the work behind the scenes.

Since he will be in charge of the pace bowling in addition to his HC responsibilities and Saqlain will take care of the spinners, I don't think it makes sense for someone like, say, Ian Pont to take up the bowling coach role. But given his love for Bangladesh and her cricket, it will be a pity if we don't utilize his services. As a level 3 coach, I'm sure he'll fit in fine as the assistant/batting coach, reporting to Shane (who has already had HC experience with a Test side), working his way up to the HC position gradually (although by the time Shane retires, it will likely be between him and Saqlain).

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)