View Single Post
Old December 19, 2012, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Thats good that he is a man with limited ability. That way we have someone who would want to occupy the crease and not get himself out playing stupid strokes. Thats the type of batsmen i want at #3 for tests. But i definitely do not want Naeem for ODIs. I wouldnt mind Naeem coming at #4 but is it worth putting Riyad at #8? To me its too low. As I said earlier if Naeem does stay at #4 the only person i would want at #3 is Mominul Haque.

But why was Anamul put as opener with Tamim in ODIs? Face it selectors see Anamul has a long term partner for Tamim. So we have to go with that. So for your sake you want Anamul at #3 who will bat at #2? The walking wickets of Shahriar Nafees, Junaid Siddique, Nazimuddin, Jahurul Islam, Imrul Kayes? We are gifting a wicket to the opposition if we let any of these people opening the batting in tests.

And how is it a so called 'poor idea?' Phil Hughes has been an opener for his whole life but at the moment he is batting at #3 for Australia in tests... batting at #2 and #3 isnt a massive difference.
If Naeem is promoted to #3. I am sure He will stat to perform so low that ultimately he will not be able to make the 11. So please keep him there and don't ruin his career again.
#8 Is very low for Riyad No doubt. In that case he will have to show courage to bat at #3. This spot is vacant.
The way Mominul batted in O D I. I am sorry to say he is not yet ready for test cricket.
From the whole team, other than Anamul only Nasir has the ability to play at top order But he need few more games to gain confidence to bat up the order.