View Single Post
Old November 19, 2012, 03:00 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird
BDFlag Who should Partner Tamim in ODI vs WI? And what is your 15 man squad?

Mushfiqur Rahim (capt), Mahmudullah (vice-capt), Imrul Kayes, Nazimuddin, Jahurul Islam, Shakib Al Hasan, Nasir Hossain, Mashrafe Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Elias Sunny, Nazmul Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Shahadat Hossain, Anamul Haque and Tamim Iqbal

^This was our Last ODI series(Asia cup) squad. Personally i would drop Nazim(You know why?), Jahirul Islam(Don't know why Selectors even picked him for Asia cup, he is a gd longer version player but not for OD), Kayes for forgetting how to score runs even in NCL . Finally the one and only Shahdat Hossain Rajib...Do i need to remind his epic last over?

So this leaves me with(11 players): Mushfiqur Rahim (capt), Mahmudullah (vice-capt), Tamim Iqbal, Shakib Al Hasan, Nasir Hossain, Mashrafe Mortaza, Abdur Razzak, Elias Sunny, Nazmul Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Anamul Haque

The rest I would pick to make it 15 r Rubel, Gazi, Nayeem(for opening) and Zia.

Now who would be opening the batting along with Tamim? TBH i don't find any suitable candidate apart from Anamul but we need a number 3 bat too so I'll bat Anam @ 3. Kayes is badly out of form, nayeem is slow type of player and i'm pretty sure he will make the cut so wondering it's not gonna be a bad idea if we open with Nayeem than kayes. There is not much difference between Kayes and nayeem but imho Nayeem is slightly better player than kayes coz of his Fielding and bowling. If nayeem gets picked, he should open as i think he dont have any palace between 4-7.

Or open with Zia.

So my vote goes to Nayeem, if he fails then Zia.

MY XI would be:

1) Tamim
2) Nayeem/Zia
3) Anamul
4) Shakib
5) Mushy
6) Nasir
7) Riyad
8) Gazi
9) Mash
10) Nazmul/Rubel
11) Razzak