View Single Post
Old November 15, 2011, 09:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Haha not really man, I'm a decent player here in Aus, but I don't really have time to take it seriously, nor do I feel I have the immense skill required to make it at international level.

During my last visit to Bangladesh (2 years ago), I got a go in a district match in which my cousin was playing. They were a really nice bunch of guys and let me open, which is where I normally play, and my God, that pitch was so unbelievably slow (compared to the pitches here in Sydney). And though I was very comfortable against the pace bowlers, I struggled as soon as the spinners came in. Got out after scoring 28 odd. In fact, I looked dreadful against spin, especially on that wicket. Don't get too many decent spinners where I play.

In conclusion - my dream of playing for Bangladesh was almost completely crushed that day.

How about you? Much cricket down at Conneticut? Presumably not.
Oh ok. Ya that's understandable. Being a professional cricketer seems to require a lot of hard work. It's good you're having fun with it though. Sports are always good to have fun with and take things off your mind. And interesting to hear your experience playing in BD. So it must be very hard for the players to score quickly on those pitches.

And ya not too much cricket down here in Connecticut or in the US in general haha. I only get to play when my relatives come over. None of my friends are really interested in the sport since cricket is nonexistent here. Everyone either plays American football, baseball, or basketball.