View Single Post
Old February 20, 2014, 11:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
I have a very simple question:

Is bolwing coach's impact to a bowler is solid or volatie and needed to re-injected?

For exmaple, what ever Saqlian coached to Gazi, can he utilize that even Saqlian is still not here? Or Saqlain need to babyseat and spoonfeed Gazi to keep him effective?

At this level, I would think that Gazi should be able to apply whatever Saqlian teached him, even when he is not around.

if we need Saqlain all the time, then why not ask him to take BD citizenship and let him Saqlian play for us instead of Gazi.
The answer is simple I think. The impact is partially permanent and partially volatile. That's why teams like Australia needs coaches. Their players normally come to international level with good skills and experience.

Also if someone knows something doesn't mean that he can apply it during hard times. Some mentor is needed to guide and help during tough times.

We don't have good experienced off-spinners in Bangladesh who can guide young off-spinners just like we have a good flow of SLAs. Saqi is a good tactician too. BCB is making more than enough money. So I don't see any point of not keeping good coaches with the team.