View Single Post
Old May 10, 2014, 10:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Default 2014 World Cup Prediction Game

Just about 30 more days until the World Cup starts. Back in 2010 we played a prediction game here. So let's get one started for this year. This prediction game is through ESPN.com.

The game is really simple. You have to predict the group champion and runner up for each group. Based on your selection matches for the 2nd round will get determined, and from there you keep predicting who will win each game. This game is very similar to the Cricket World Cup prediction game we played here back in 2011. Please read the how to play section Here

Scoring

Group Stage: 1 point per correct pick
Group Stage Bonus: 1 point per pick if team is in correct slot
Round of 16: 2 points per correct pick
Round of 16 Bonus: 2 points per pick if team is in correct slot
Quarterfinals: 4 points per correct pick
Quarterfinals Bonus: 4 points per pick if team is in correct slot
Semifinals: 16 points per pick
Final: 32 points per pick

Grand Prize
$2,000 Best Buy Gift Card (or cash equivalent, at ESPN's discretion) (ARV: $2,000.00)

Runner-Up
$1,000 Best Buy Gift Card (or cash equivalent, at ESPN's discretion) (ARV: $1,000.00)

The ESPN Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C., Mexico, United Kingdom, and Canada (excluding Quebec).

The game is open to everyone, not just USA/Canada/UK members. Unfortunately if someone from BD or another country win the whole thing, they won't qualify for the grand prize/runner up prize. But please don't let that discourage you from playing. Back in 2010 I think we had close to 50 member, I hope we can get close to that. You don't have to worry about making picks everyday. Just make your prediction once and enjoy.

I made a BanglaCricket.com group. You have to make a ESPN account in order to play. Please make a ESPN account HERE

Here is the link to Banglacricket.com Group.
Password: shakib

Just to clarify the grand prize is for the ESPN.com competition, not BanglaCricket group

Go Brazil!!