Thread: Nhl 2008-2009
View Single Post
Old July 3, 2009, 05:35 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Bummer (NOT a bad pun on your name bro), not happy to hear about Conks. Solid top of the crease goaltender with the potential to be a number 1. This creates an opportunity to Jimmy Howard of the Griffins to turn it up a notch and show us what he can do. Personally, I think we ought to get a more experienced goalie to back up Ozzie who is set to retire soon. Won't be surprised if Holland makes a move there. People in Detroit like Huet a lot. I do too.

Anyway, I expect Andreas Lilja to get more ice time in the upcoming season as Brad Stuart gets less. He's 33 but fit and doesn't turn over the puck in our zone at critical times, least once per game. I also expect some of the Griffins to get more chances. Kindl is likely to be a regular while Stafford, Kolosov and Pyett get good runs. That kind of exposure definitely helped Ericsson and Lebda.

As far as the forwards are concerned, I expect decent runs for Downey, Andersson, Ritola and Haydar. Mursak, Emmerton and McGrath will need to do better to get similar runs. Leino isn't going back to the Griffins.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; July 4, 2009 at 05:47 AM..