View Single Post
Old May 1, 2012, 09:40 PM
Cricket Savant

That's one helluva stereotypical post sentence from WC. I was seeing a carom tournament and there was this guy saying how "carom is all mathematics..physics..." Jeesus. Do we really have to intellectualize EVERYTHING? I think it's a fashion to choose CSE, CS and engineering and look down upon "emotion" when "emotion" is the most powerful quality a man can possess. Oscar films are all centered upon emotion. Creativity, passion, energy, intuition all fall under emotional sub-strata. I think the same people who would trumpet "logic" and all would be the ones to say "humanities porle bekar hoye rastay ghurte hobe" and Guess what? These people somehow come to usa and work in 7-11 or Am-pm. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I always maintained "deshis" are more materialistic than Americans. Jaar poisha ase...taar sathey meye biye deu. Ohhh meyer baba Glucose industry malik...no china. Biye deu. "ufff poisha to mela ay kore....120,000 realtor hoye kaaj kore..."

I know I went on a rant WCup bhai, and probably you didn't have anything of my interpretation in mind. But after 20,000 posts (some of mine got deleted), I can safely say, this is a general trend I see of oversimplifying to right/left, emotion/logic, yin/yang, black/white divisions. Life is just too complex for that...

On topic: No vote for Bengalipagol? He is 'threading' (hehe) muddy waters with like gazillion threads in main forum. :p

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles