View Single Post
Old June 10, 2019, 02:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Many in Pakistan even today do not know what really happened in 71 as it was taught as Indian conspiracy in schools. But being ignorant in this day and age is not an excuse anymore. So yes, they should know what really happened back then as the information is very much accessible these days
I acknowledge your post as genuinely sensible.

To be more precise, my problem with the above quote is that there is plenty of information available on '71 now. A simple google search for "Bangladesh Liberation War" will have the words "atrocities" and "genocide" written all over it. And not to mention that, while I understand you may have had an entirely different experience to dealing with Pakistanis than me, I have to stress that I haven't yet come across a more universally bigoted group of people in my life.

I have no qualms with Vixen posting about Pakistan all day here. The guy seems harmless and had no luck posting in the Cricket section so he has diverted here. What infuriates me is when fellow Bangladeshis support the "forgive and forget" BS notion. Sounds simple enough if you (or more directly, your family) weren't affected by '71, but not so simple when you're from the families that have. How do you "forgive" something for which there's no acknowledgment from the perpetrator? And as for the "forgetting" part - Bangladesh dies as a nation the day we forget.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread in any way, just wanted to make my points clear. Post away, Vixen, mate. Enjoy your time here.