View Single Post
Old September 27, 2004, 06:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

What an exciting match I bet you're disappointed...
Yes, I am. The batting just didn't click today. I am very happy for the bowlers; they put up a real brave fight defending the mere total of 224. Next time I hope they will put up a much greater score to defend.

What things did you say to Unknown after he was unfortunately dismissed for 91?
He certainly looked disappointed. I told him not to lose his focus on the match when reaching the critical stage. His strike rate was around 68 and Habibul_fan's was around 60 aswell, so I suggested to both of them to pick up the run rate during the first ten overs without losing their wickets. We have to play as a team, so if the openers get us off to a good start then the middle order and lower order can see it off.

What was your reason for bowling Zephaniah at the death?
He was bowling pretty well; he grabbed three vital wickets of Nasif, AgentSmith and Navarene. So, me and the vice-captain Habibul_fan had discussed before putting him on. We gave him the chance to finish off the tail but unfortunately it proved rather expensive. He definitely has to work on his line and length and I hope he would be firing it in the next match. Our opening bowlers were pretty disappointed to not get any wickets, but I am hopeful they will make a difference in the next match.

Personally you had a pretty good day hitting a quickfire 14 and taking 2-30, how do you feel?
I am pretty satisfied with my bowling, batting could have been better if we had more balls remaining. With the bat I went for the kind of play that the situation demanded. I can’t really feel good about it today; the feelings would have come if we had won the match. I urge the Team Alok fans not to get disappointed, we will come back strong in the next match. We’re going to have the same batting line-up and the same positioning for the next match and I expect a decent score from the batsman.