View Single Post
Old October 25, 2013, 04:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

my fear about pushing anamul down that low in the order, even if it is to keep is that he'll focus so much on that he'll forget how to open so even if he works on his footwork etc then he'll have trouble opening because he mindset would have shifted. i see it as a gamble because anamul has had a hunger for tons like no other, don't want him to lose that and also he's done it in the top order which is our weak point.

whether mushy will do well at #3 or not is an up in the air thing imo, it's quite a gamble to take the gloves off you keeper batsman and make him bat at #3, it hasn't worked for mccullum and everyone expected it to. i think if mushy can handle keeping and batting at 4-6 then we keep him doing that while it's working, if marshall really has looked that good then we need to give him a couple more series to adjust to test level. jahurul can be recalled to open if anamul continues to fail.