View Single Post
Old November 6, 2008, 02:07 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Tigers treated badly by Cricket South Africa...!!!

Shocking!
Daily Star, Johannesburg

'Any other top international team definitely would walk away from the series'. It was the way Bangladesh team operations manager Shafiqul Haq expressed his disappointment over the poor hospitality the Tigers so far have received from the Cricket South Africa (CSA) authorities.

It has started from the very beginning of the tour when the players and officials had to stay five hours in the team hotel lobby on November 2 before being checked-in after a fourteen hours journey. Things however got worse yesterday after the completion of the Twenty20 match at the Wanderers Stadium as Bangladesh captain Mohammad Ashraful and man-of-the-match Abdur Razzak had to sit on the dais for forty five minutes only to know that there was no post-match briefing.

The harsh treatment shocked everybody.

Though the players were not ready to focus too much on the negligence from CSA, Shafiqul already gave his report to the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) by describing all the mismanagement here.

“I already gave my report and accordingly our board made a strong statement to Cricket South Africa. It's amazing the way an international team has been treated here,” said Shafiqul.

“You know our players had to wait five hours at the hotel lobby. Can you imagine it for any other country? There is hardly any security for us,” said an angry Shafiqul.

After all these happenings it may be better not to say anything about the facilities available in the press box of the picturesque stadium in Johannesburg.

One can't be sure when things will actually happen if someone says: "Wait, you will get it within ten minutes."