View Single Post
Old March 12, 2008, 05:20 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)
Default Nazimuddin as a opening batsman with Tamim ! Mashrafe as a ODI captain ! Ashrafool as a test captain !

The new ODI debutant for Bangladesh Nazimuddin proved me wrong ( I thought he is a bhonda player after wathcing him batted in T20/20 WC series) by playing some terrific shots against the SA fast bowlers and he looked very confident with the bat but got out quickly which could happen as a new comer. He was a replacement for Aftab and it looks like a perfect replacement for Aftab but I wouldl like to see him as an opening batsman with Tamim which will be right arm left arm combinition.

If Nazimuddin clicks in the opening position then it will be difficult for Nafees and Junaid to keep their place in the ODI squad.

To me Ahrafool has still lot to give in test cricket specially against Srilanka and India. His batting is not up to the mark in the limited over matches. On the other hand Mashrafe looks comfortable in ODI with both ball and bat. He is smart enough to be a one day international captain of Bangladesh team.

When Aftab will be fully fit for playing cricket then the squad would be like:

1.Tamim ( Automatic choice in ODI )
2.Nazimuddin
3.Aftab
4.Ashrafool/Nafees ( i want to see Ashrafool is in test squad only)
5.Rokibul/ Farhad ( Farhad in ODI as an all rounder )
6.Sakib
7.Dhiman as Wk
8.Rajjak ( Automatic choice in ODI)
9.Riyad/Mossarof ( Riyad would be better choice in ODI who can bat well ) or Farhad (if 3 pacers required)
10.Mashrafe( Automatic choice in ODI) * ODI captain of BD
11. Rasel ( Automatic choice in ODI )

What you guys think ?

Last edited by arafath79; March 12, 2008 at 05:26 PM..