Thread: bengal cats
View Single Post
Old March 5, 2009, 05:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
yes, puck bhai, as zunaid bhai said, they are actually developed in catteries in canada! very expensive! a pure bred bengal kitten from a well known breeder with all the proper paper cost about anything from 3k to 7k u.s.! there are a lot of very dedicated bengal cat websites available on the web! check them out! there are also similar looking special breeds like savannah, ashera etc.! please check them out! me and my wife, we live with five cats! a big part of our lives are spent with the feline kind! any kind of cats are superb! we are very much into protecting and rescuing cats, environ! all cats are great, large, domestic all!

also these bengal, savnnah, ashera cats are very loyal, superb temperament and as intelligent as siamese cats, and very affectionate as well!

btw your cat on your avatar is beautiful!
thank you!

i knew of selective breeding of cats but wasn't aware they produced synthetic breeds. they look beautiful. my first cat was a mixture between a siamese and a russian breed. that was from many years ago. he was unfriendly and sickly, and died of stomach problems when i was nine. apparently, my sister and i were so upset that my parents decided we should not have pets anymore!

the present cat, starvy, moved in as a stray kitten about four and half years ago. he must have been around four months old, had awful coat, exceptionally affectionate but also feisty! he just decided to move in one rainy april. the bathroom window had been left open. we feed birds on our small back gardens. since a number of local cats came by, so i always made a point of leaving some milk outside. so starvacious had been around a few times. however, once he settled on the armrest of the living room settee, that was his resting place from then on! he has mellowed somewhat since then although, there is still a feisty side to him. he is very fussy over food. i am a vegetarian but have to buy pre-cooked chicken slices, honey roasted turkey and cured ham as his treats! he is not a big fish eater but had lately started taking an interest in certain salmon based catfood. this has come at the expense of his love for chicken though.

the best thing about him is that he was potty trained before he moved in! he always goes next door to do the business and then come back! he simply won't allow me to get close to any other cats. curiously, despite being so feisty, he is the most affectionate cat i have known. he loves the company of people and feels left out if you are having a conversation with a friend and he is not stroked while you are chatting away! his parents, a beautifully regal british longhaired tabby (a stray) and a timid little black and white cat from one of the houses across the road used to come around a lot until starvy moved in!

do post some pictures of your cats here!