View Single Post
Old October 1, 2009, 02:58 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
All those teams that you mentioned are playing better than Steelers at this moment. No doubt about that. Steelers are notorious slow starters. No exception this year. Its not that we got blown out in all these games, but very easily we could have ( should have ) been 3-0 ( all three games decided by three points ) even when we haven't played up to our standard. But, we did not. We are 1-2. Its early. Steelers always stumble around in Sep and Oct. Don't know why.
This season is different, too many teams are playing really good in AFC. If you dig too deep a hole, basically playing good in Nov- Dec may not be enough, you need other leaders to play bad to make it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Not worried about Ravens. They have beaten Cleveland and Kansas City. Two real bad teams. Chargers put up 500 yrds against them. Their defense is not as good as last year. I don't worry about them. The mental block they have against us is good enough to give us two victories. Flacco will find a way to hand it to us again, beacuse no running back can run on us, ceratinly not the Ravens backs. Its the Ravens that worry about Steelers. Not the other way around. We have the trophies. They don't. We usually win it at their expense. Until you beat us, please know your place in the world.
My comments are based on your remarks highlighted...

1. Theoretically speaking, if your opponent in your division is more than two games ahead, then they don't need to worry much about your team. And right now Raven is about to cross that threshold. if Raven is three game ahead after this week, Raven doesn’t need to worry about Steelers, but Steelers not only nned to worry about their own performance, but they need to pray that Raven falters in other games.

2. Raven has a (2nd year) new coach and a new QB (Flacco). And this is Flacco's 2nd year as a starter. Its too early to discount him as a QB. There is quite a good review of his performance so far this year. So if I were you, I won’t take for granted that he will again make key mistakes in key games.

3. Winning trophies is the ultimate goal for a particular year and it is great achievement indeed, but historically speaking most of the winners usually follow with a below par season next year or so. So yes great for Steelers fans for 2008-2009 season, but future may not be so great for 2009-10.

Last edited by Fazal; October 1, 2009 at 03:17 PM..