View Single Post
Old December 16, 2012, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
dhiman is the best option if we want a keeper who isn't mushy but can also bat. he's done pretty well in the NCL and yes there is a big jump from NCL to test cricket but he's still a good option imo, he's quality with the gloves and has good batting potential. but the selectors always prefer to choose an extra batsman anyway and dhiman doesn't make it as one of the best 8 batsmen in BD therefore he doesn't get into the team. but as a keeper batsman package he's actually a good option imo.
Just as you said, there's a huge gap in quality between NCL and International level and until I see someone personally cannot speak of their caliber.

But who do you see Dhiman's batsmanship can topple in the current batting line up in Test? Forget one day; I think for ODI Mushy is fine since prices are higher to pay in tests than ODI's when one makes a mistake so it would be advisable to have a better keeper in tests.

Tbh, I do not see Nayeem's place in any team of our teams. Though he played gem of a inning (I believe it was a fluke) in the first test. But he's very limited and can be exposed once opponent figures him out which is why he was out playing stupid shots match after match. I think he should be replaced with Anamul who proved that he can bat for a long time though he too is technically questionable but far superior to MOKKA (not Mecca) Nayeem.