Thread: Judgement Day
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2020, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
SportingBD

Humility, patience and generosity are all good qualities, but God or Allah's attributes in Quranic literature goes beyond the conventional notion of 'positive' vs 'negative'.

Sure He is forgiving, merciful and compassionate, but he is also:

al-Muhaymin -The Controller
al-Bāri - The Initiator/The One Who Has Absolute Power Over All Matters
al-Qahhār - The Subduer
al-Muḏill - The Giver of Dishonor (along with Honor)
al-Qawii - The Strong
al-Muḥṣiy - The Accounter
al-Mumiyt- The Bringer of Death
al-Muntaqim - The Avenger
aḍ-Ḍārr - The Distressor/The Harmer
al-Matiyn - The Firm

... which are all GREAT qualities. See, if anyone is willing to Judge us, then by definition that ineffable Being must possess all virtue and attributes that transcends good vs bad, positive vs negative. This to me is akin to Nondual/Taoist nature whereby the Supreme Being embraces all positive and negative attributes. Mods can take note.

And Eastern religion that purports "compassion", "peace" "Krishna consciousness" or for that matter followers of New Testament promoting empath/codependent mentality "God is Love" "Turn the other cheek" fail to miss the point entirely.

Yeah, terrorist blows up my niece in Columbia with a strapped bomb on her chest, so wemme strap some more b--- up and bl-- myself up. #empathlogic #soundsaboutright

This is admiringly some great qualia of God or Islamic Allah, because in order to rule the entire domain of Universe, not only one must possess Panopticon Consciousness but be stern, firm and assertive who has seen both the good, the bad and the ugly.

WE as humans may not merge with God inunio mystica any time soon, but in His image if we may emulate some of his sterner qualities and integrate them in our life, we cease being INAUTHENTIC, FAKE POLITE, PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE codependents and supply to narcissist with our smarmy emojis.
Could not have written it any better.

The three qualities I mentioned, were/are very common in the Quran (of the many examples God use for those rightly guided). That's why I picked them. I was not referring to the qualities of God (which you have put very well).