Thread: Judgement Day
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2020, 01:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
Cmon dude... prayers work... Why else would someone spend all his hard-earned money to travel thousands of miles to circle some rock.....

All hail Mr Saw (PBUH times Infinity) for creating such a great business model that ensures that money is generated every year without fail (except in times of a pandemic when the home of "all powerful" is too unsafe). ....
Not to divert this thread, but yes. I actually DO think prayers work. Other than that there is good and bad in every religion and faith and credence. I deliberately cherry picked the best verse from Quran pertaining to this thread. And also let us not forget majority of the perpetrators will be of Islamic faith since Bangladesh is a Muslim-majority country.

And as for the criminals having no moral compass which Roey pointed out... - it is exactly to the contrary. They have a twisted sense of moral rectitude and they did not master the mindset to transcend into the exothermal layer where they learn to see beyond your typical good vs bad as set by the norms of society, tradition and religion. For anyone interested, look up Lawrence Kohlberg's stages of moral development and Heinz dilemma.

For instance take the case of Bepari above. I can easily picture him when pressured or suborned, he at first resisting caught up in his dilemma of moral behavior as apropos and coming to realization upon confronted: "Arey bhai hindura morse to morse, apnar ki? Promaan na thakle eder kes batil kore den." To me that is no absence of morality rather twisted justification of it. Every man can be coverted - you, me and the regular Joe upon appropriate lucre of sum or any other personal axiological justification.

Another example of twisted logic is Alonzo from Training Day where he has his own set of ethics and normative conclusion.

Finally, harking back to psychedelics which often gives a glimpse of veridical and ultimate "Truth" of reality - if Roey is proponent of such vehicle of technology then reading from William James' Varieties of Religious Experiences or Erowid vault, it is not that difficult that under the influence of pschydeleic trip each experiences are tailor made to suit his or her own needs - be it seeing Vishnu, Shiva, Christ, Virgin Mary, Lady Aya, goddess Salvia, jinns etc.

What does that tell you? God/Atman/Brahman is neutral in his demeanor and merely uses this Jungian archetype to teach a lesson that has initially been inculcated in their own lives programmed from birth.

Thus, it is only obvious given our collective upbringing in Islamic background we shall use this same theological doctrine to turn the card against ourselves.

What are you gonna say? Be the Buddha! Oh, be loving Christ.

Nay. Nay, we shall ask the very question that shall rattle them to the core and torment their soul:

What does the religion in which you were brought up say about the way you should conduct yourselves in day to day business and affairs?

If I was on a Buddhist forum, or a Hindu forum or a Bahaii forum I'd turn the card against the followers in the same vein. Saul Alinsky's rule for radicals: Hold them accountable by their own standards.

That much should be obvious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawren...al_development
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Kohlberg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinz_dilemma

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles