View Single Post
Old July 31, 2012, 02:27 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Bangladeshis are generally lazy - I completely disagree. This country runs on the sweat that drips from the backbreaking labor of the vast majority.

We generally suck at sports and lack natural athleticism.
Thank you for putting things in perspective. We're a nation of stoners who don't need to consume anything to achieve a semi-permanent state of stoniness. Explains the slow responses, love of music and munchies, propensity for pointless adda, and the incessant procreation. All great things IMO. So, even if we invest heavily in purely endurance sports such as walking, sailing, sculling and cycling -- things our people do every day -- the general lack of natural athleticism will be a mitigating challenge to overcome with considerable patience and difficulty.

The Chinese approach however, will ensure the survival of the fittest as most of us simply die training. That sort of grim Darwinism won't go unchallenged by our people once their children get picked into certain types of sports only to die in camp.

Also, I doubt that we as a nation have the willingness to systematically pay attention to that kind of strategic and deployment details for long enough. So lets just focus on cricket, golf, archery and shooting while we continue to live vicariously when it comes to all other sports.

I don't thing we'll allow ANYONE to do this to our kids:

"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)