View Single Post
Old September 14, 2009, 09:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
Tamim is and will be BD's best opener for a long time. I feel that BD should stick with Junaid and Tamim as openers.
Compared to 2 years ago, Tamim is a better rounded batsman, knows how to leave good balls, shows a bit more respect to bowlers, but punishes the bad balls. With this new found patience and determination, he will score more runs.
Some fans here cannot ever forget his marauding 50 against India, but look at his classy strokes now.
actually he has some dazzling stroked in that match. i watched the entire match live, and all i remembered where his [ugly] but highly entertaining and effective slogs and down-the-track-slaps for sixes and fours all around the part. yet he still had some eye catching strokes. that backfoot drive to the backward point boundary off a 138 km/h back of a length delivery from zaheer khan, was simply class. and it was amazing to see a 17 year old do it. his cockiness is also key. he will be BD's best every opener, and possibly our best every batsman should he attain patience. 40+ averages are not beyond his ability.

for that drive, see video clip in post #43, at 2:57...one of the best looking shots i've ever seen from a BD batsmen.

#OneTeam1Dream

Last edited by al Furqaan; September 14, 2009 at 09:34 PM..