View Single Post
Old December 28, 2012, 10:58 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

BFF chief set vision for World Cup 2022 finals

DHAKA, Nov 7: President of the Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) set his vision to qualify in the World Cup Qatar 2022. Kazi Mohammed Salahuddin while exchanging views with the media persons on Wednesday at the BFF Bhaban, said, “Our vision is Qatar 2022 World Cup. From right now we are working altogether to reach our target.” “You know, in the last four years we succeed to maintain the regularities in the Professional Football League and also organised different league competitions, now we are focusing on district leagues across the country.”
“If we will success to arrange the district leagues on regular basis, then we will have abundant players from where we could pick the talents. We have even different talent hunting programmes and with proper nursing and training after ten years we will have a strong team,” Salahuddin expected.
“I am highly inspired with watching the performances of the players in the Federation Cup Football and I am very much optimistic that in the next ten years time we would be able to fulfill our target,” Salahuddin, former national skipper replied to a query.
“You see, we were success to organise a FIFA friendly match at the Bangabandhu National Stadium with the participation of the world’s best star Lionel Messi led Argentina and Nigerian national sides.”
“That time also nobody wanted to believe me and from some quarters branded me crazy and too much emotional but we made it success. Anyway, from right now we should have a vision and will have to work targeting to make it reality,” said the legendary soccer star.
“We all want to work together, clubs and all the organisers on our way to reach the goal.”
Meanwhile, newly formed Professional Football Club Association met the president of the BFF on Wednesday at the BFF Bhaban with a proposal to reshuffle the Premier Division League committee.
Headed by the Manzur Qauder, president of the Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club Limited, all the nine members had a meeting with the BFF president where they proposed to involve their representatives in the league committee.
The club high ups had elaborate discussions with the president with their demands and some other problems of the clubs.
Abdus Slam Murshedi, the senior vice-president of the BFF and the chairman of the Bangladesh Premier League Committee, while talking to the media said that he got nothing significant to reshuffle the committee.
Salam, said, “I think it’s not necessary to reshuffle the league committee but if the clubs want to be part of the committee it’s better.”
“Clubs are very important and without their involvement we can’t do anything, we are also part of the clubs. You know, most of the members of the BFF executives are representing the clubs.”