View Single Post
Old April 28, 2006, 09:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Default My post series thoughts

The Australia series is over now and its been a very diasappointing end of a series which gave so much promise in the very first day of the first test match. And unfortunately in both occasions the venue was Fatullah. Now if we look back at the oneday series then we might not be very happy with the way we have played the series but on the other hand a very optimistic person might think ohh..we gave the aussies a good fight in the first and second match although the final match was a bad one. But actually are we happy with the one day performence? Have we improved at all? I just wanna look at some points thats coming in my mind right now.

1.Our top order failed in every match, most reliable one is Nafees but he did nothing to remember. Moreover he got a bad decision from the umpire in the final match. Luck was not favouring him as well. But what about Ash, Aftab? We needed their service but they failed when it was necessary. Ash did bad in the first match , played a stupid shot and got out cheaply so was axed in the next match but came back again in the final one. Still it was all the same. And this time he gave a catch to mid wicket, which was a lollypop one. Only God knows what happened to him. Aftab was simillar, did nothing in the 1st odi and didnt' play in the 2nd one came back in the final one and failed again. Played a stupid shot which caused his death. By removing Ash in the second one and bringing him back in the final odi selectors have proved that how small amount of options we have now. If anyone does seriously bad then there is no one who can replace him. Or if there is some one then we don't know whether its possible for him to replace cause we have not given that player a chance to prove himself. Anyway, players might have bad days and its normal.

2. As the top order failed then it was middle orders responsibility to make some runs to give our bowlers some sort of score to defend with. But what a pitty we failed here as well. Just look at Habibul, he played within himself its true but was it good enough? In the 2nd one day we needed to score quickly form the 35th over but he and javed failed to do so. It was necessary to hit some big ones but they didn't do that and when they tried to slog then they got themselves out. Our top order didn't click as well but thats why there is a middle order to support!There was problem with the batting order as well which is really agonising.

3. Now if we look at the 3rd one dayer then what we see? Rajin struggled a lot. He always has been busy to hit the fielder's hands rather than the gap, which is was a serious concern cause that blocked our singles. In one day cricket you have to take singles to keep the scoreboard moving but we failed here as well. The bowling attack was really weak one, aussies had the second string side playing but still we could not take singles. We failed to make 1s into 2s and 2s into 3s. running between the wicket have been poorest, Habibul was very slow. Rajin was not willing to take singles, it seemed they wanted boundary in every ball! Ridiculous. They had no proper game plan. Their batting was aimless. Their inability to take singles proved that w actually dont know how to play one day cricket. And sadly its true.

4. Some of the batsman's technique is really poor. Javed's bat twists always in his hands, only the almighty knows what Javed wants to do with the bat. He has limitations it's true so why playing some nasty looking unorthodox shots? Can't play a sweep, can't play a proper straight drive, can't play an on drive..so what can you play? Same goes for Rajin. Both of them got poor technique, very weak stance. I can't imagine they don't wanna learn. Fitness is another issue. Is Bashar fully fit to play in the international level? Power - this word does not go with him. Still I would say he has done his best.

If I continue then I will never stop. So lets stop here. The last thing I would like to say - if we conclude Ash and Aftab from the current team then it will look like the pre icc trophy team. Still we will have some good bowlers left in the team but you need good batsman to give the bowlers the chance to bowl! We have improved its true but its also true that we need to find a solution for opening position and the middle order.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ

Last edited by SMHasan; April 29, 2006 at 10:35 AM..