View Single Post
Old April 7, 2004, 03:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default to fab and others

i am also critical of many things that muslims and the islamic world do. but one must realize that they are not acting in the way of the rasool (SAW).

acid throwing is not mentioned in the quran or the hadith and so is haram, harming civilians or even animals or crops (whether at war or in times of peace) are completely against the teachings of islam. i did read one hadith saying that female circumscion was favorable, however remember that many hadith are not authentic. the fact that sex was made by allah to bring pleasure to both adam (AS) and eve leads one to conclude that this practice is wrong.

i don't know what your (all in banglacricket.com) personal beliefs are, but if you claim to be a muslim, know that just because the vast majority of muslims thinks a certain way does not make it right. only authentic teachings of islam are deemed correct.

next i would like to say a few words on my own personal beliefs:

after much thought, it is my sincere belief that at this point of the islam vs. the west conflict, muslims by and large are on the wrong side. to me, the palestinian-israeli conflict is the crux of the issue we face today. it is because of israel's security that the west has supported her in all her wars against the muslims. israel's security has also been the number one influence on american foreign policy affairs in the muslim world. these are the reasons that muslims all over the world range anywhere from distrust of the west to outright hatred.

when one looks at history, he or she sees that in 1947 the UN created israel as a state for jews. palestine was more or less split equally between arabs and jews. we had shared sovereignty of jerusalem, and a chance right off the bat to have a peaceful muslim state right next to the jewish one. what did we (the ummah) do? we declared jihad on israel.

i understand that it is not fair for us to pay for the german nazis mistakes. in reality the entire western world was causing us to pay for all of their anti-semitism which had gone on unabated for 2 millennia. still, we should not have reacted with warfare. we should realize that the jews lived in this land and they were forced out of it. it does not matter that islam is the one true relgion...that does not mean that all of the land is ours and the jews should live as second class citizens. they are just as free to live as they want, as long as they dont harm us. however we didnt choose this islamic path. and this has resulted in most of the misery faced by 1.3 billions muslims for the last 50 years.

i am NOT justifying israel's killing of innocent palestinian civilians, but likewise i cannot support the massacre of jews by suicide bombers. this does not mean that i don't support the self defense of innocent victims. if muslims are unjustly attacked, they should wage war as a last resort. but the same rights should be awarded to jews, christians, and all others. the prophet muhammad (SAW) commanded his followers during his last khutbah: "hurt no one, so that no one may hurt you."

so what do i think will happen? well i think the whole "war on terror" will continue indefinitely. no amount of force will intimidate the terrorists; in fact it will only spawn more. this is the natural way of things.

islamic prophecy tells us that islam will not prevail until jesus (AS) and the mahdi comes and reforms islam. together these 2 will return us to the true form of our religion, and under the banner of the pen will we conquer, not by the sword. the west will never win by use of force and neither will the muslims.

so if we can't do anything to change the situation what should we do? nothing? no, it is true that a few people cannot reform the muslims as a whole, but we can do our best by advocating tolerance and multilateral dialogue. in the end, only allah by his mercy can bless the children of adam (AS) with peace on earth.