View Single Post
Old July 10, 2009, 06:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I can't disagree with you in two fronts. 1) Below par domestic cricket, 2) Learning on the job.

1) Every player has to deal with it. Why make exceptions? With huge potential even in crapy league like ours, the cream should come up way on top. They already have been on the job for how long now?

2) If one can't learn in 7,8+ years on the job, I would take the high road ofcourse. Doesn't make sense otherwise. Team always comes before the individual players. Ranking potentials gave us nothing.

Furthermore, the attitude they have, shows they are not capable of learnings. When a top order player scores 50+ in five innings and satisfied with his performance you think they have learned anything from their previous mistakes. Another one blames on everything nowadays but himself. They don't take responsibility. The whole approach is wrong. I say these players are uncoachable. They corrupt the other young ones as well. Stay away from the national team.