View Single Post
Old August 6, 2012, 04:17 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Dude,

MLC is an American League and whenever salary caps are imposed in this country without negotiating with the players, the players go on strike. That's the fact of doing business in the US. It is unreasonable to think that won't happen with the MLC. It is unreasonable to think that Chris Gayle would bypass what he's worth scaled and compared to say, Mohammad Nazimuddin.

I want this league to succeed as much as you do. That's why I'm here trying to provide the type of perspective that can make MLC the most credible league in the world. Putting things in realistic contexts such as PA arbitration adds such credibility.

Don't forget that as GM, I represent my owner and am on your side. Which explains the time I've been spending here. Traditionally owners appoint the Commissioner or CEO.
Wait what? No there is no cap on player price. I was talking about the roster size. Like NFL. You have the official squad, and trainer squad. Our official squad is 16 and then you can have other people on practice squad if you want. But you have inactivate someone from the roster to bring them in. That's how it works don't it?