View Single Post
Old August 5, 2012, 02:21 AM
Administrator

Default Cowboys Kit Revealed

In a star studded ceremony at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, owner of Texas Cowboys, billionaire Michael Dell of Dell revealed the franchises colors and kits of the Texas Cowboys for the upcoming Major League Cricket inaugural season. Flanked by the chairman and CEO of AT&T Randall L Stephenson and partner Sandra Bullock, the uniform was revealed in a Times Square at New York like ball-drop ceremony, where a huge replica of the uniform was lowered from the ceiling amongst balloon drops and the sounds of a thousand vuvuzela’s playing the team war cry.

Rallying the crowd, Dell spoke of Austin’s can do spirit. “Austin represents the spirit of Texas. Don’t mess with us. Don’t mess with the Cowboys”.

Major sponsor AT&T’s chairman and CEO Randall L Stephenson said, “We are damn proud to be part of this franchise. Just like they could not tear AT&T apart and the baby bells all came back home to mama, they will not be able to tear apart the ‘boys. While I was at the ATT Bell labs, I actually got to play cricket with our researchers and engineers who use to play over the weekend in New Jersey. I love the game and I know Austin will love the game and the cowboys”.

Austin native and Oscar winner actress Sandra Bullock, who is a major shareholder of the cowboys, spoke of her excitement to be part of this brand new franchise and vowed to be at each and every home game.

In a surprise announcement, Dell said that they have approached the city for permission to have a purpose built stadium constructed on the banks of Lake Travis. This 75,000 seat stadium will be home from next season. Until then, the Cowboys will be playing at 100,000 seat Texas memorial Stadium which also hosts the Texas Longhorns.