View Single Post
Old January 24, 2011, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamim Mia
zunaid bhia he is a world class player for the bangladeshis supporterss not for the cricketing nations. if he does well in the 1st devision he will start to gain reputation for his class. for the moment, most of the people in england does not know who shakib is. furthermore when they hear the name bangladesh they comment something which is not liked by many bangladeshis. Even in the IPL the value for shakib proves how low the international media and cricketers think of US as a team plus as a player for shakib. But I am proud becuase of Shakib who is gaining reputution for bangladesh and also for himself.
I see your point but I think the world has now realized his capability and potential. One must not judge a cricketer's value by how much one earns in an IPL auction. The monetizable value there is not based on as much as marketability within the Indian market as well as fit given an IPL team is composed of X-number of flash/bang T20 players and local cricketers - that leaves little room for even a world class player.