View Single Post
Old March 22, 2007, 05:25 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
They always have this thing playing at home and sometimes they don't play so well away from home. -
We thrashed ENG 5-0 in ENG last summer and also drew 2-2 with the Kiwis in New Zealand three months ago!

Quote:
We could not capitalize on this Sri Lankan playing style, but maybe India can.
The team that plays the better cricket on the day will win!

Quote:
In short, it will be a whole different ball game when not-so-desperate Sri Lanka face a desperate India.
It will be, but don't forget that the Indians will be coming into this game carrying the hopes of a billion plus cricket crazy people! If they lose and are knocked out in the first round the repercussions for them at home might be severe!

The Indian fans already started to attack the homes of their players and burn their effigies after their team's loss to BD and god only knows what they will do if India gets knocked out of the tournament on Friday!

So in short, the pressure on India to win Friday's match would be unimaginable and our boys will be aware of this and will no doubt go hard at the Indians!

Quote:
So, I'm pretty much expecting India to beat Sri Lanka, whereas hoping that Sri Lanka could beat India.
As I said before the team that plays the better cricket on the day will win!