View Single Post
Old November 19, 2008, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default PCB will lift ban on ICL players: Inzamam

Indian Cricket League champion Lahore Badshahs' skipper Inzamam-ul Haq has claimed that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is all set to lift the ban on players aligned with the 'rebel' Twenty20 league.

"I have got positive vibes and response from the PCB about granting recognition to the ICL and I am hopeful the bans on the ICL players would be lifted soon," Inzamam, also a former Pakistan skipper, said.

The legal advisors and officials of the PCB are working on finalising a way to lift ban on ICL players, sources close to the board revealed recently.

Inzamam also urged the ICC to take some affirmative steps to safeguard the rights of the cricketers.

"I think it is also time the ICC play its role and take steps to safeguard the players rights, who are signed up for the ICL.

"The ICL is promoting cricket and providing livelihood to many players and also giving chances to young Indian cricketers. So it is time the ICC and Indian board recognise it to make the tournament official," he said.

Lahore Badshahs defeated Hyderabad Heroes in the three-match final to lift the second edition of the ICL T20 championship trophy in Ahmedabad last Sunday.

The skipper on Monday also expressed his eagerness to participate in a friendly encounter with the national team, who recently clinched a three-match ODI series against West Indies in Abu Dhabi, provided the PCB allows them.

Former Pakistan cricketer Javed Miandad recently compared the two sides and came out with the proposal of staging a friendly match between them.

Source

... and Breaking News: Miandad appointed PCB's director-general !

Looks as if it actually is gonna happen....It will be interesting to see what we do in terms of our players once it happens....