View Single Post
Old October 21, 2010, 04:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Well, obviously target their bowling. Now you can take your chances and try to chase but that would be pretty tough to do. I realistically see us batting first and bring our PP batting woes to an end. 300 doesn't really mean much for the Indians with their batting but if we can bring our A game and Rubel and Shakib and the rest can do what they do best in the field, we might just pull something off. I want to see Tamim and Imrul opening and we would need a partnership of at least 100 in 15-18 overs time. Then, whoever comes in 3rd (maybe Mushfiq) needs to bat steadily but take risks. We need to bat as if we are coming to win from the get go. Don't let the Indians lay back. Always aim to be in the front seat. If 2nd wicket partnership can stay until 150-175 before 28ish overs, I say let Jahurul come in and sort of play a stabilizer. If this works and we have a score of around 225 at 35ish, bring in Ash/Shakib and call batting powerplay before 38 and try to have 275 at 42-43 over mark. Then we should target 335-350. This is the only way I believe we can make the Indian batting line up maybe drop a bead or two of sweat.
Bowling:
I say we open with Mash and Shafiul. First change Razzak and hopefully we can contain them to under 50ish in the first 10. This makes RRR pretty high. Then we play with Shakib and Rubel. If we can get Sehwag before he makes the RRR get lower and lower, we have our first lick at a victory. Then, imho, Kohli looks kind of scary. I know he's new, but I think this is what makes him so scary. I really think that Naeem should be in the XI not only because of his batting ability but because he's a very economical bowler. This way Shakib and Rubel have at least 5 overs each left after 30 over mark. At 30 over mark, the max India can have would be 160. Hopefully we can have at least 4 wicket at this stage. This is when the game really starts. The lineup bats pretty deep so tailenders aren't really an option yet. Razzak needs to bowl his quota up before 40 overs. I don't like seeing Razzak get smacked around or giving half volleys down the leg side. The indian batting powerplay will bring a minimum of 55-60 runs and we should expect this. But we need to buckle down afterward. I think we can get India on February 19, 2011 and begin the 2011 ICC World Cup on a positive note.