4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Javed Miandad
6. Kumar Sangakkara+
7. Imran Khan*
8. Wasim Akram
9. Waqar Younis
10. Fazal Mahmood
11. Muttiah Muralitharan

Sehwag to be 12th man and very hard exclusion. Sunil Gavaskar has to be an automatic choice for Asia All Time Test XI. Now I don't know why Hanif Mohammad is so overlooked. Hanif Mohammad is one of the best openers for Pakistan imo. As much as I like Saeed Anwar but Hanif Mohammad edges him comfortably. Not to forget Hanif Mohammad's marathon triple century to save the game against West Indies. Next Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar also automatic choices in Asia Test XI. The next spot at no 5 is also a crucial selection. Javed Miandad is the best bat for Pakistan, can't leave him out. Therefore he edges over Inzamam and Yousuf.

Now another dilemma at no 6 spot. I don't particularly like the fact Sangakkara keeping over a genuine keeper because Sanga's batting generally gets affected if he also has to bat. He avergaes around 42 with keeping duties which boosts to over 60 when he doesn't have to keep, but for lack of room in XI, Sanga has to do both here and not depending on Sanga much with batting as the guys above him already likely to make over 500 runs (biased opinion I know). Then only one room for all rounder which goes to Imran Khan over Kapil Dev. Now the bowler selection is pretty easy with Wasim and Waqar there.

Another spot I couldn't leave Fazal Mahmood. Fazal Mahmood was the one who started the pace bowling trend esp for sub continent. A bowler with genuine swing and pace. The guy literally destroyed half of the batting line up half of the time he played. Outstanding hold of 13 five fers and 4 ten fers with economy rate of 2??!! One of my all time heroes. Then spinner, Muttiah Muralitharan, no need to say anything about him. So that pretty much completes my All Time Asia Test XI.

Honourable Mentions:

Batsman: Vijay Hazare
Bowler: Anil Kumbe
Wicket keeper: Farokh Engineer

(Shakib will be right up there by the time he finishes his career)

Last edited by Kohli_Sox; September 4, 2012 at 02:34 PM..