View Single Post
Old February 18, 2010, 04:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaring tigerz
Shamim's job in the commentary box is not to shower our cricketers with praise neither is it to defend their actions. As far as I can see he has done a fine job. Athar is a terrible commentator and Shamim definitely is more eloquent and also he says it like he sees it. If calling a spade a spade is a crime, then he is guilty as charged. I would also like to hear some specific instances which you are complaining about.
Agree wholeheartedly, Shamim calls a spade a spade. He is not there to praise all the time, I heard him saying that BD did well in the first innings, but in the second innings, they batted like schoolboys. Indeed, they did. Tamim loves to slug, does not show any respect to bowlers, especially one like Vettori, his brains dont react to tell him that an experienced bowler like Vettori will set the trap for him, and of course, because he is too immature to see it, falls into it.
I felt that Imrul should have shouted to Zunaid to look upwards as the ball was falling, no sort of communication, even Vettori was telling him something.
Aftab had a brain seizure to go for the run, does not know how to slide into the wicket.
Ashraful did not see the quicker ball coming from Vettori, maybe it was payback for catching him.
I can forgive Imrul and Zunaid, very unlucky, so therefore, it was New Zealand's luck.
These boys were under a great dea of pressure from the beginning, Vettori applied the screws with 8 fielders around the batsman.
Imrul, I felt was the best, at least he stayed for a while and punished the bad balls.
Wonder what Sakib will do now, he is not yet off the mark, but showed great restraint to stay at the crease.
Now, Shamim remarks on the merits, he has to commentate exactly as he sees it.